Click the arrow to contribute to the specified fund.
Help League Volunteers Help Voters this Fall
Fund the printing of voter education materials
- I want the League to print more copies of the Voters Guide @25¢ each
- I want us to advertise Vote411.org at bus stops
- I want to have flyers and posters in libraries, churches and community centers
- I want food pantry families to be informed voters
- I want the people most affected by local government and the courts to know the candidates and to be informed voters
Here is my donation to make all of this happen.
LET THE PRESSES ROLL!!
Local League Operations
The League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh has over 350 members in the greater Pittsburgh area. Members join three organizations — our local League, the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania, and the League of Women Voters of the United States, and member dues support voter services and advocacy at the state and national levels. Because the local share of the dues does not cover our costs, the LWV of Greater Pittsburgh pays for its administration and programs primarily through contributions from members and non-members.
Donations help cover the software, printing and administrative costs needed to provide Allegheny County residents with:
- Personalized ballot and candidate information at vote411.org,
- Up-to-date information for voters on our website lwvpgh.org and social media,
- Facts for Citizens, the comprehensive directory of government officials,
- Candidate forums in local legislative races,
- Voter registration services through food banks, schools, community groups, and naturalization ceremonies,
- Resources and support to teachers of civics education.
Hundreds of hours of volunteer time maximize the impact of your donation, and keep our doors open. For most of us, the local League is The League, and we keep it strong with the extra money we contribute every year.
The Pittsburgh League is a 501c3 non-profit and all payments and contributions are deductible for US Federal Income Tax purposes.
Memorial and Honorarium Fund
The League of Women Voters is an organization of women and men dedicated to making democracy work for all citizens. If you wish to honor the achievements of a LEAGUE member or wish to remember someone with a memorial gift, consider a donation to the Memorial and Honorarium Fund. Your gift will be used locally to support voter services, education, and advocacy in Allegheny County.
All gifts are tax deductible for Federal income tax purposes. In the case of personal memorial gifts, when the name and contact information is provided, the League notifies the honored person or estate that a gift has been received in their name.